Thursday, August 19, 2010

Busy Busy... yet not busy

Lately I have been so busy that I have been too tired or to caught up in daily life to spend an hour just pursuing God in the morning. Granted, the 6 days I stayed home sick, I slept and spent tons of time with God, and it was so much fun. I cried, I laughed, I even got upset with God (which is ok)! I had to go back to work and start getting my routine back, and well, it was easier in my patience for the kids, but not in the routine. I wanted to just be able to stop in the middle of my day and spend some time praying and worshiping. Pastor Sam's messages have been such an amazing guide for me. I love that I can connect with God for 20 minutes on my lunch break or when the kids are quiet for all of ten seconds and can just say something to God and hear back from Him. I love that when a child has been pushing every button of mine all day I can pray to God in my head and receive His peace or patience. I just love how God can give me the right words to instruct them and love them all. I absolutely cannot get over how involved God is in my life. When I let Him, He invades and I can feel His joy and being the Lord over everything. Sure, there are moments I assume control and take over the scene, but for the most part I give it to God. I can't ever get enough of Jesus.

Intimacy is very very new thing for me. Almost my entire life I had walls up with my family, friends, boyfriends, and especially God. The last two years I have broken down those walls with God and asked Him into every area. I have found that God's love is patient and great and that my love for Him and others has increased. Today I encourage you to take some extra time, in the middle of your day, at a random day to pray and ask Him into the moment, ask Him to join you in class, on a walk, or for lunch. He will come and He will bring His love and peace.

P.S.
To all of you who started the semester, my prayers are with you all! I hope you guys have a fun semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment