Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Chase

This last sunday night i had an amazing experience. I had been asked to close out the prayer for our college non-friendship group meeting. I was nervous because to be honest i hadn't talked to God very much lately. As i was sitting there waiting for everyone else to pray I was asking God to help me. I wanted God to do the speaking not me. I didn't really expect God to do anything for me. Why would he? I hadn't been hanging out with him, why should he help me? But as I prayed i started to feel God's presence. It was a voice in my head or this super emotional cry my eyes out experience. It was an extreme restlessness. I couldn't sit still. I knew that for the first time in a long time I was truly spending time with God. The restlessness that I felt is, what i believe it to have been, is God's restlessness to spend time with us. God wants to be with us all the time, he wants to love us and protect us and spoil us with his love. God doesn't sit back and say "well I'll just idly sit here and wait for you to come to me." No God is constantly chasing after us like a Shepherd chases after his sheep. He will always chase us but he will never force his presence on you. You have to be brave enough to turn around and say to God, "God I'm sorry for running. I'm sorry I've ignored you and I'm sorry I've done all these things, I'm sorry i let you down. Please God show me you love me." And God delivers in a big way. Not only does he show you the most amazing love. He doesn't even bring up that you have messed up, he doesn't bring up how you let him down. Instead he tells how proud of you he is for coming back. For being humble enough to admit you were wrong. For being brave enough to start over again. We can run from God but he will always be right behind us, calling out to us, waiting for us to turn around and embrace with all our hearts so he can love us more than we ever imagined.


-Samuel

No comments:

Post a Comment