Friday, August 6, 2010

God's Love

Hey guys. Dana wrote this on Thursday in regards to Jennifer's message Wednesday night. However, I (Mary) was late in posting it. I hope you enjoy it and that it touches your heart, as it did mine.

Last night Jennifer Fallon spoke an amazing message about God's love. Often times, we think of God as this big impersonal guy in the sky and we just don't get how much he loves us and how personal and intimate he wants to be with us. And if we never understand how much he loves us, then we are missing SO MUCH.

This message spoke to me personally because it reiterated pretty much everything I learned at the Jesus Culture conference in Redding, CA last week. I got closer to God in those three days than I have ever been before. It was amazing to have the personal revelation of how big and amazing God is. Really, there is NOTHING he can't do. He loves us so much, it's ridiculous. And just the realization of how big God's love is for me, impacted me so much. He is not this distant and impersonal God that I felt like I was trying so hard to reach closer to but he kept getting away. He is so personal and so in love with me and I just didn't get it until now.

Ask yourself this: Do you love God for what he does for you and because people tell you that you should? That was kinda where I was before this conference. Now, I want to praise him because I've truly met him and I saw how big and amazing he is. I know for myself now that he deserves praise and glory just for who he is and how he loves us.

If I had heard Jen's message before Jesus Culture, before I encountered God, it wouldn't have clicked like this and meant so much. You can't love God because people tell you that you should. You need to meet with him, know him, and know why you love him first hand. You can't fall in love with somebody just because someone else tells you how great they are. You may be interested but it is not a lasting love. You need to encounter God and meet with him, and when you do, you'll know it, and it will change everything.

~Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment