Thursday, August 12, 2010

Refuel

Last night Pastor Sam spoke an amazing message. Towards the end he said something that pierced my heart, "it takes time to build something great... start with the small things,". I want so much of God right now. I want to see mass healing across our city. I want to wake up and see a city on its knees worshiping God everyday! My heart literally aches for it. I believe that ache is for God's presence and glory to be poured on to our city, can imagine that? I realized that through my small actions of love everyday that the great will happen. If I am connecting with God throughout the day, I will have an opportunity to reach people everyday. One day at a time, one moment at a time, I can bring people into an encounter with Christ. I know God gave me a purpose and a calling, right now that purpose is here, Tracy. Right now we are called to our city.Where you live is your ministry, where you're called to share the love and grace of Christ.

Deuteronomy 30:11-14 was one of the verses Pastor Sam used and it really caught me. The last part where it says, "the message is very close at hand. It is on your lips. It's in your hearts so you can obey it." I realize so many time we think we need a huge long prayer time to hear from God. We need to spend hours soaking in His presence to hear from Him. However, the message from God is in us. It is so close it is on our lips ready to be spoken at an moment, when we let God speak. When we put aside our own agenda and concerns, and let the Holy Spirit be the guide. It is so easy to believe the lie of, "God wants all your time today, every spare moment spent in rabid prayer and then He will use you," NO!!! that of course is amazing, and I love when I can spend a day just soaked in Him, but that is not how we are used for great things. It's by acknowledging that He is ready at every moment and all we have to do is submit to Him and let the Spirit do all the work. Just be faithful and ready and you will be used.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, it's all about that sanctification/deification; which God does and leads us to more accurately convey His image to the world.

    ReplyDelete