Friday, August 6, 2010

Stepping It Up

For a little while I had been feeling my relationship with God was not where I wanted it to be. I prayed, read my bible, and went to church, but I felt like I had lost a true connection with God. I felt like when I was praying I was just saying meaningless words and God wasn't listening to me. I prayed and when I didn't feel His presence I would just say, "Just give it time, Sara, He will come around eventually". But then on this past Sunday night, I realized that it si going to take more than just waiting on God. It is going to take an action from me, coming to Him with everything I have.

So on Sunday night after bible study, I went home and spent time with God. I forgot about all of the hectic things that I was stressing about earlier that day, and just came to my God, praying that I could just feel His presence and have His love fill me up. I pleaded and cried for Him to come, and guess what?? He came! I felt His presence and it was the most amazing feeling ever. I could not stop smiling and laughing. I was just so excited that my God, the creator of the universe, and everything in it, was spending time with me in my room! How crazy is that? In the time with God that I spent, I realized that it was time for me to start taking steps to further my relationship with Him. Whether it is going on a mission's trip, taking a Nazirite vow, or writing this blog, I decided that I wanted to take steps out of my comfort zone and grow in my relationship with God. Although it may be uncomfortable, and feel weird at first, in the end I will know it will be worth it when I see how far God has brought me from where I used to be. I am so excited to see what God has in store for me and Tracy Community Church!

If you truly want to feel God's presence and love, you need to seek after Him. Don't just go through the motions like I did, but decided to step out in faith. Although it may feel uncomfortable at first, just realize that the things that take the most work have the best outcomes. And don't think for one moment that you can't be used by God.

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment