Thursday, September 30, 2010

Some Lessons from Hosea

"'In that day,' declares the Lord, 'you will call me 'my husband'; you will no longer call me 'my master.'" (Hosea 2:16). God is so much more intimate - wants to be so much more intimate - with us than we know. He is not simply a master who cares for his servants. No - he loves us forgivingly and intimately and he knows us intimately like an earthly spouse.

"'I will say to those called 'Not my people,' 'You are my people'; and they will say, 'You are my God.'" (Hosea 2:23b). Even when we are not acting like God's people, He still claims us and loves us.

Father, I pray that we will remember you in every moment of every day. Help us to fulfill the promises we make to you and honor the revelations you've given us.


I also just want to share this from a book I'm reading called Spiritual Slavery to Spiritual Sonship by Jack Frost. In it, he quotes a man named Jack Winter:

"When you focus your life on being a leader, it becomes very easy to become controlling or authoritarian. ...Instead, why don't we all start focusing on being a son or daughter who seeks to do only what the Father does, and lives to serve, honor, and bless others?"

Just something to chew on.

~Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment